The Ministry of Health (MOH) have released new fees to be used from 1st July 2023, this guide explains how to update your fees in EXACT.
You are required to have EXACT 13.897 or above, you can check the your version of EXACT via
Help - About - Version.
Please Note: If you have auto-updates enabled, we will attempt to upgrade your EXACT before 1st July 2023 to receive these changes.
- Updating your MOH fees
- Downloading MOH fees
- Changing the descriptions for RCT1 & RCT5
- Claiming for Treatment Plans as non-complete
Updating your MOH fees
|Please Note: The download MUST be performed on or after 1st July 2023|
Practices on or above EXACT 13.897 will have the new fee update automatically downloaded on 1st July 2023. This will be displayed alongside the Fee Schedule button under File - Payors - OHSA.
If your fee schedule date is not 01/07/2023, follow the steps below for Downloading MOH fees.
Downloading MOH fees
- Navigate to File - Payors then select OHSA.
- Click Fee Schedule.
- Click Download Fees.
- Once the process is complete, your fees will be up to date.
- The only manual steps steps required, are to update the descriptions for RCT1 and RCT5, steps for this can be found below.
Changing the descriptions for RCT1 & RCT5
The descriptions for RCT1 and RCT5 will need to be manually changed.
|DBRCT1||Root Canal Treatment and Root Filling in permanent anterior or premolar teeth|
|DBRCT5||Root Canal Treatment and Root Filling in permanent molar teeth|
- Open Configure - Services.
- Type DBRCT1 into the Code box at the bottom of the window.
- Double-click the correct service.
- Replace the Description with 'Root Canal Treatment and Root Filling in permanent anterior or premolar teeth' then click OK.
- Repeat for DBRCT5 with the description 'Root Canal Treatment and Root Filling in permanent anterior or premolar teeth'.
Claiming for Treatment Plans as non-complete
You do not need to claim Treatment Plans as non-complete prior to a fee update.
EXACT (from 13.871) calculates the fee by date of completion for SDS, OHSA, and OHSA Ex. Circ. treatments.