Ministry of Health (MOH) have introduced the ability to send OHSA, OHSA-EX or SDS claims via email.
The ability to transmit these claims to the MOH has been built into EXACT 13.938.
- Emailing your claims
- Claim Error (Copy to Clipboard)
- Cancelled email send
- Saving email claim as a draft
Emailing your claims
- Select File - Payors.
- Choose OHSA, OHSA-EX or SDS from the list of available payors.
- Select Claim & Send Email.
- This will open the claim selection window, you will be prompted to select several options,
Date From, EXACT will look for claims from this date.
If this field is left blank, EXACT will look for any unclaimed treatments before the 'to' date.
- Date To, this is the end date of the date range you wish to include in the claim.
- Provider, select a provider to send claims for.
- Comment, this is pre-populated with the name of the selected payor.
- Date From, EXACT will look for claims from this date.
- Once you have completed all of the above fields, click OK.
EXACT will now search for and compile a claim of all claims that match the selected criteria, a Claim Error will appear for any claims missing required information.
Tip: We advise you do not close the email draft window. See Cancelled email send.
- The recipient field will be populated with the relevant email address for claims along with the subject and any attached claims.
- Press Send to email the claims to the Ministry of Health.
Claim Error (Copy to Clipboard)
If any information is missing from a claim, this will be highlighted in the Claim Error prompt, you have two options Copy to Clipboard or Close.
Copying to clipboard, copies the information for you to paste into a notepad/word document, this allows you to search for the patients to correct the missing data. Closing this prompt will allow you to proceed to process the current claims, leaving the claim errors to be corrected at a later point.
|Please Note: Any claims with errors will not be claimed until the errors are corrected.|
Cancelled email send
Your email claim will not be sent to the MOH if you close the email draft without saving.
If you close the window you will be prompted to Save as Draft, Don't Save or Cancel.
Save as Draft, a draft of the email will be saved for sending at a later point. You can resend this from your Email outbox.
- File - Email.
- Select the Outbox tab.
- Click Send/Receive Email to send the email to the MOH.
|Tip: You can also save as a draft using the Save as Draft button in the lower right of the email draft.|
Don't Save, this will close the prompt without saving as a draft. If you click this, you will need to delete the claim then start the claiming process again.
- After closing and selecting Don't Save, select the currency button $.
- Select the claim/transaction, it will now be highlighted in blue.
- Click the delete/bin button.
- Confirm your choice on the following prompt.
- The claim has now been deleted, with the claims ready for your to claim again.
Cancel, this will close the prompt and return you to the email draft.
Saving email claim as a draft
We advise waiting to send your claims and sending as an email at the same time, to reduce any error from not sending your claims. However, if you don't want to send your claim straight away or need to close the email window to action something else inside EXACT, you can save your email claim as a draft.
- With the email claim draft open.
- Click Save as Draft in the lower right.
- This will now be saved as a draft in your email outbox.
- To edit/send this email, go to File - Email, select the Outbox tab.
- Locate the email, double-click to open, selecting Send when you are ready to email your claims.