The Contacts tab can be found in the Patient File, it is where any communication to or from the patient is stored, along with scanned or imported documents.
The main window displays information about each entry, including the Date, Type, Description, Creator, Category and more.
- The created Date is displayed first, with the list being ordered from oldest to the most recent.
- The Type is identified by a symbol, this helps to identify what the file is, such as inbound or outbound Email, letter, SMS.
- Attachments displays if there are any linked attachments, these are most commonly found with Emails.
- The Description for each file is taken from the communication method, for example, the email is subject is used for emails.
- Which user created the file is shown under Creator, this will be the user logged into EXACT when the file was created.
- Every file is assigned a Category, this can be used to help narrow down file types with an option to filter the window to display chosen categories.
- If the document was created via a Patient List, this will be displayed in this column.
- SMS Status shows if an SMS has been sent, received etc, please read Email and SMS Troubleshooting for a detailed look at the different status icons.
- If the file has been Filed to Specialist this will appear in this column.
- The Body Text displays the content of the Email or SMS.
Filter by Category
You can limit the amount of files on screen by using the Filter by Category option at the bottom of the Contacts tab.
- Click the drop-down menu.
- Select your desired Category to change the filtered options.
Saving a new Contact file
When Scaning, Importing or adding a file to the Contacts tab you can set the Date, Description, Creator and Category of the file.
- You can backdate the Date of a file for documents being added to EXACT after their initial receipt.
- The Description can be altered to display a more accurate subject of the content.
- The Creator will be set to the user logged into EXACT, however, you can select an alternative if required.
- The Category can be changed to better identify the type of file being saved, when using the selection option, you also have the option to create new categories, simply click +1 to create a new Description to be available.