Stock or sundry items are created slightly different to treatments, however, they work in a similarly with them being created as a service.
Follow the steps below to create or edit stock items, those items to be sold to patients (toothbrushes, Tepes, whiteners, etc.) as services so they can be used when either charting patient treatment or to add on (invoice) via the Patient Transactions screen.
Creating stock items
- Select Configure - Services or on a patient Chart Tab underneath the service list, Click on the [+1] button.
- Enter a unique code and a description for the stock item. It can be useful to keep all stock items together by starting the code with a similar character like “£” or “$”. The Pricing Method will default to priced ‘Per Item’ which is usually sufficient for Stock items.
- Place a tick in the Ask For Quantity box if you wish to prompt for that option to save charging identical items again manually.
- To select/ set up an Invoice Summary for the item, click in the invoice summary box and then on the lined/selector button which appears to the side.
Select an invoice category (if a relevant option exists) or click the [+1] button and type a description, e.g., "STOCK", then click the OK button. Re-use this option for all stock items as required. This helps group together stock items on reporting to quickly identify takings based on STOCK items.
- If charting STOCK items on the patient's chart tab instead of via the Transactions screen you can select/add a “Watch Type” category to the Stock items so you can see all previous Stock sold to the patient.
To display stock items in the Patients Chart Tab you must place a tick in the List in Chart Tab box.
- Tick the List as Stock Item box.
- Enter the Number in stock if required. Each time an item is sold this number will decrease. To check stock levels, from the service file locate the item and double click on it to open the Edit Service Item screen. Within that screen, stock levels can be checked and amended when new stock arrives.
- Add the Stock item to a service category (i.e Stock Items) otherwise the items will only be visible in the “All” Service Category. See: Adding Service Categories & Configuring Service Categories.
- Unless using the various price codes, enter the fee in the Price Code 2 column.
Editing stock items
To make changes to a stock item,
- Select Configure - Services.
- You now need to locate the stock item/s you wish to edit.
If you know the item code you can search for this in the Code search at the bottom of the service items list window. If not and you use a similar character at the beginning of their code such as “£” or “$”, enter this into the search to locate all services beginning with this character.
- Locate the item then double-click or press e|d to open the edit service item window.
- Make any required changes,
- The Details tab contains information relating to the stock quantity and graphical options.
- The Fees tab contains prices such as sale and cost values.
- Press OK to save any changes.
If you do no longer want a stock item to appear in the transactions window, remove the tick from List as Stock Item on the Details tab.