Both users and providers are created using the Add User / Provider Wizard in EXACT.
To access the wizard navigate to Configure->Add User/Provider
1. The first screen will give you the option to copy an existing user's profile, this will copy over the majority of an existing users settings to make the process easier. You can leave this blank if you wish to start from scratch.
2. Enter the initials of the new user (most users use Initials). If these already exist, an error message will alert you to this.
3. Select Yes or No for if the new user is a Provider or not then click Next
4. Enter (or select with the selector buttons) the appropriate Security Group (for example "DENTIST").
5. Specify whether this user has administrator privileges (Yes / No).
6. Set the password options according to your practice’s security policy. Password security can range from light (password never needs changing) through to strict (forcing the user to change their password regularly). Optionally set a password for the user, and if necessary force them to choose a new confidential one of their own the next time they log in to the system.
The following options define the user’s password - how often it must be changed.
User must change password at next Login: For a new user or one who has forgotten their password. Either assign them a password in the ‘Password’ field and inform them what it is, or leave it blank. Either way, they must set a password next time they access EXACT.
User cannot change password: Use this if for some reason passwords are to be permanent, and/or are set by the administrator. This will be the user’s password until this option is unticked or the password is changed using this window.
Password never expires: The lowest level of security, particularly if the Password field is left blank. The password will remain the same unless changed in this window. If this option is ticked, the "change every  days" is disabled.
User must change password every [ ] days: The highest level of security, particularly if the number of days is set very low (which can also be irritating for the user). You can use this with the other options unticked, or tick the ‘User must change password at next login’ option when setting up new users.
7. Click Finish to complete your User Setup or Next to continue if you're adding a provider
8. Enter some of the providers details, these details will show on Online Booking if you have this feature. Select a Provider Type from the drop down list. You must enter an active Bank Account (usually this would be the only one default or active account available).
9. You have the option to enter in the Providers contact details. You may also choose to have one of your preset email message reminders sent to this provider’s email address whenever an appointment is made with them.
10. Select the background colour for the provider's appointments and text colour (we recommend leaving this Black) Ensure that colours are distinctive, and cannot be confused with other Providers' colours. Click the Review Provider Colours button to check currently used colours:
11. Select if you want the Provider to be set for Dentist and/or Hygienist recalls. Tick the options you want them to have and click Next to continue.
12. On the following screen, select Create Rota Blocks, then choose the Start Date, days/hours working and enter any lunch or break start time and length.
Once you have entered this information click OK to create the Rota then click Next to continue.
13. Select/Tick the appointment book(s) that the provider is to appear on.
If the provider is already on a book or room, then the entries will be ticked by default.
NOTE: If you do not select at least one book or room the provider will not appear on any appointment books.
You can only add the user to existing rooms or appointment books.
14. Set the Provider's default Appointment Book parameters.
The Stickman Queue refers to the state of the patient within the Appointment Workflow:
Arrive > In the Chair > Depart.
(Patient arrives in reception > Patient is moved to chair by Provider and treated by Provider > Patient departs through reception)
The Provider sees "stickman" icons of patients waiting to be moved to the chair:
The Animate Stickmen option allows you to specify animated actions that patient icons perform after x minutes of waiting.
For example for the default settings, a patient stickman icon will start toe tapping after 1 minute, Yoyo playing after 5 minutes, Yawning after 10 minutes, and Sleeping after 15 minutes.
15. UK NHS Only - Add in the Provider Performer Number/Pin and add to an existing contract or create a new contract for that provider.
16. Select Finish to finalise creating your Provider. You may need to log out and back into EXACT for some screens to update with the new provider.