It is possible to assign a Clinipad to a specific computer or choose which computers are able to view certain Clinipads.
If you wish to assign Clinipads to selected computers, follow the instructions below.
The first step is to plan the assignment of Clinipads to computers in different areas of your practice. You want only the appropriate computers to be able to see each device.
For example, a group of reception computers might share 5 Clinipads, but each clinic may have its own dedicated Clinipad.
- Configuring availability
- Understanding the Clinipad devices display
- Other configuration screen functionality
- Viewing all Clinipads in the dental practice
- Open the Clinpad configuration screen, navigate to Administration - Clinipad.
- Then select the spanner in the bottom right.
- Expand the Clinipad devices section, selecting the computer icon.
- This will display a list of all the computers in the practice with EXACT installed.
- Link the Clinipad to computers by checking (ticking) the computer checkboxes.
- Click OK. The Clinipad will then be available to those checked computers.
- Repeat for all Clinipads.
Understanding the Clinipad devices display
In the Clinipad configuration screen the computer icon shows how many computers can issue and return sessions to that Clinipad device.
A Clinipad device linked to computers will show the number of computers.
A Clinipad device that is available from any computer will show a sigma icon.
To see the computers to which a Clinipad is linked, simply select this "computer" icon and a list will display.
Other configuration screen functionality
The Clinipad screen displays the name of the patient who is currently using the device. Select the name to go directly to that patient file.
Select the disconnect button to immediately release the device and discard any session data.
Viewing all Clinipads in the dental practice
When looking at the returns list you will normally only see sessions on those Clinipads that are available to your computer.
However, you can un-check the Only show available devices checkbox at the bottom of the returns list to see all of the issued Clinipads in the practice.