On occasion there may be some treatment you need to be saved in the patients history yet not charged or be present on an invoice. In these instances you can send to a patients history on the chart tab.
|Note: This option may be security restricted, please speak to your practice admin if you require use of this option and do not currently have access.|
- Sending Treatment on a COT to History
- Accessing a Patients History
- Sending Treatment on the Misc tab to History
- Treatment On Misc Tab Won't Send To History
Sending Treatment on a COT to History
Treatment can only be sent to a patients history if it has not be charged, the image below shows the difference between a charged item and non-charged, the option to send to history is greyed out when not available.
To send an item to history,
- Tick the service as complete.
- Right click on the service.
- Select Send Completed to History.
You will be presented with a couple of options Send This Item to History or Send Completed Items in this COT to History. The difference between these is sending the selected item alone or send all completed un-charged items present on the course of treatment to the patients history.
- The item will be cleared from the charting and now appear in the patients history.
Accessing a Patients History
Above the charting window is a button with the letter H, select this to view all a patients history.
Once in this window, you can organise the list by Date, Tooth No or Plan. Several other options provide the ability to Show All, Void, resubmit and view the FP17 associated with a treatment.
Sending Treatment on the Misc tab to History
In the same way you can send treatment to history, treatment on the misc tab can also be sent using the same method as outlined above.
Treatment On Misc Tab Won't Send To History
It is not possible to move, resubmit or delete notes that have been charged on the misc tab.
|Please Note: We do not recommend charging items on the misc tab, as they are not attached to courses of treatment, they cannot be resubmitted and cannot be delete easily if they get stuck. If you have notes to add to a the patients chart, we recommend you start a course of treatment, add notes and TC.|
The note however, can be hidden.
- Navigate to Configure - User Settings
- Select the user, if not already selected, and tick Hide Charged Items.
Please Note: this will hide any items that are charged, even if they are present on an open course of treatment.
Alternatively, the original note on the misc tab can be voided.
- Take a copy of the note and paste it onto a new note
- Then select send to history. It may also be advisable to put in the note the date when it was originally created.
- Navigate to the history tab.
- Select the original note that is showing on the misc tab and select void.
- Once voided, exit the patients notes and re-enter and the note on the misc tab will have gone.