An error appears when opening a scanned document or contact document within the contacts tab.
The error itself states the following, displaying the file location and name,
|"Unable to start '\\'servername'\'exactshare'\docs\'year'\'month'\'file name''"|
This error appears as there is no program/app set by Windows to open the document. To resolve this,
- Right click the document and take note of the file type (.tiff, .jpg, etc)
- Select Start or click in Type here to search in Windows.
- To navigate quickly, type 'assoc' and select the option Choose a default app for each type of file.
- Scroll down the list until the file type is on screen.
- Select the file type, a list of programs will be displayed, choose a program/app.
Tip: .PDF documents would normally be opened with Adobe or a Web Browser.
Images such as .TIFF, .JPG would usually be opened with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer or Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
- Close any open windows for the document and try viewing the document again.
This can also be done by right clicking on a file of the same type (ie a .jpg) and right clicking on this and going to properties.
From here you can click CHANGE next to the heading Opens With
Once selected, click apply at the bottom of the Window, this will then change every file of that type to open with the select program, this is done per affected computer.