|Please Note: This must be performed on the EXACT server computer.|
Adding a new dataset
- Navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Software of Excellence\EXACT Server or
C:\Program Files\Software of Excellence\EXACT Server
- Locate the databases.ini.
If file extenstions are turned off it will appear as just databases.
- Open the file, a similar entry to that below will be visible.
Add the new dataset on the next line, type a name for the login such as:
Then enter the path to where the data is stored:
The file will look like this:
- Click File and Save from the menu.
If you do not have admin rights you will have to save to another location and then drag to this folder with windows explorer.
Please Note: The next step will close EXACT on every computer in the practice, please ensure every user has saved their work and closed EXACT before proceeding.
- For this login to appear when logging into EXACT, you will need to right click on the EXACT Server Administrator then select Stop Database server.
- Once this has stopped, right-click it again then select Start database server.
- Test the new dataset can be accessed by launching EXACT, on the log in screen, under the option Practice, select the drop-down menu then the new dataset the Login to EXACT to test it works.
Removing a dataset entry
Deleting an entry is the reverse of the above instructions.