Responses to claims are sent by the NHS when there is a query relating to a claim or course of treatment. The NHS are best equiped to answer any queries you may regarding these responses.
For the most up to date contact details please view the NHS Scotland website www.nss.nhs.scot.
Scotland NHS Help Desk
Phone: 0131 275 6300
We have compiled a list of information and questions to ask the NHS if you are to contact them regarding any responses you may have received.
- Site number
- List number
- CRN/COT number
Questions to ask:
- Provide the background of the claim (eg. what type of claim this relates to such as a continuation/rejection etc.
- What is incorrect in the claim?
- What is requried to get the claim accepted and proccessed?
- More clinical information can be requested if required.
You can find a list of some of the most common responses from NHS Scotland below.
A list of eDental response codes can be viewed as a PDF here.
A list of common responses and their meanings can be viewed as a PDF on the NHS Guidance for eDental website.
E000716: The benefit recipient name has been specified without the corresponding exemption category being specified
This response is normally seen when the patient information is holding onto an exemtpion in the background, follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Resubmit the course of treatment (COT) that has the 716 response.
- Make a note of the patients actual DOB.
- Temporarily change their DOB to make the patient older than 26.
- Clear the CHI number and save the patient file.
- Select the Chart Tab and click the exemption button on the COT.
- Remove any exemptions that are ticked and press OK.
- Go back to the patient file and change the DOB back to the correct DOB and save the patient file.
- Search for the CHI number again, accepting the correct result as normal, save the patient record again.
- TC (Treatment Complete) the COT as normal and the exemption should have been removed.
- The COT should get through without further responses.
[Error]: Activate returned Error Code: 50035 'Signing certificate with subject...'
If you see this, contact the support team so they can check the EPOC & PIN code for your practice with ATOS.
[Error]: Activate returned Error Code: 50070 'Failed to retrieve private key of certificate.'
Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC) by searching for “MMC” in Windows or opening the Run window and typing “MMC”.
Navigate to File, Add Remove Snap-in, highlight Certificates and click “Add”
Add to Computer Account, Click Next, then Finish, then press OK*
Expand the “Personal” Folder then click “Certificates”. Right click all Certificates that are yet to expire with 8 digits (usually starting “8120”) then click “All Tasks”, “Manage Private Keys”
Click “Add” then type “everyone” and click ok (for each certificate)
Now close the MMC window and click “no” to save console settings and test Transmitting, CHI or retransmit to clear the “private key” responses.
*There have been some instances where MMC will crash out and prevent you from proceeding. If this happens, try running certlm.msc to find the certificates on the local machine and this should then allow to carry on from Step 4 onwards.