Please be aware that Software of Excellence is ending its support of GURU as of 31st December 2023.
Please contact the EXACT support team via Live Chat for further information in regards to this.
Creating/editing custom playlists
- From the Playlists menu, click Customize.
The Custom Menu dialog box appears.
The Source Menu list boxes display the available playlists and content for your custom playlist.
The Custom Menu list boxes display the playlist(s) and content you are building or editing.
- Click the Add Playlist button , and then enter a name for the playlist.
The new, empty playlist is added to the upper Custom Menu list box and is selected.
- If you want to create a category in your custom playlist, click the Add Folder button , and then enter a name.
If you are creating a sub-category, double-click a category in your custom playlist to open that category before clicking the Add Folder button.
Note: You can make as many levels of categories as you need for the hierarchy of your custom playlist.
To rename a selected category, click the Rename button at the bottom of the lower Custom Menu list box, and then enter a new name.
Click Ok to save any changes or Cancel to close the Playlist Visibility dialog box without saving.
- Add the desired topics to your custom playlist:
- From the upper Source Menu list box, select a playlist.
- From the lower Source Menu list box, double-click a category to locate the desired topic (if the topic is within a category).
- Click and drag the topic from the lower Source Menu list box into the lower Custom Menu list box.
(If you are dragging a topic into a category of your custom playlist, first, double-click the category to open the folder.)
- Repeat 1-3 for the other topics you want to add.
You can click and drag a topic or category into any category.
You can also click and drag a topic or category anywhere in the playlist to change the sort order.
- If you want to save the playlist to a specific patient’s record, select a patient in the Filter by Patient list (if a patient is selected in Guru, that patient is already selected in the list, but you can attach the playlist to a different patient than the one selected in Guru), and then select Save to patient.
A playlist attached to a patient has a red dot next to the playlist name in the upper Custom Menu list box.
When you select a patient from the Filter by Patient list, all the playlists already attached to that patient are shown in the upper Custom Menu list box.
- If you want to import an image into your custom playlist:
- If the image is to be imported into a category, double-click the appropriate category folder of your custom playlist to open that folder.
- Click Import Image.
The Import dialog box appears.
- Locate and select the desired file(s). Guru accepts graphic files with the following extensions: .JPG, .BMP, .PNG, .GIF, and .TIF.
- Click Open.
The name of each image appears in the lower Custom Menu list box.
- If you want to preview all the topics in the playlist or category you have created, click the play button next to the playlist or category name (the icon turns green when the first topic is viewed and then returns to normal after the last topic is viewed).
To preview a specific topic, select the desired topic, and then click the Play button in the preview area.
You can use the Rewind button, Play/Pause button, and slider bar to control an animation.
- Click Ok to close the Custom Menu dialog box.
A custom playlist that has been attached to a patient shows up in the Patient Record panel when that patient is selected (a patientspecific playlist has a red dot next to the name.
Custom playlists that have not been attached to a patient appear in the Playlist panel (each custom playlist has a yellow dot next to the name.
Printing images in GURU
To print images from the Thumbnail tray
- From the File menu, click Print. This option is only available if there is at least one
thumbnail in the Thumbnail tray. The Print dialog box appears.
- From the Select Print Items pane, select the thumbnail(s) you want to print. If you want to
export all the images in the Thumbnail tray, select Select All. If the thumbnail corresponds
to an animation, only the image of the marked-up frame of the animation (not all the frames
of the animation) will be printed.
- From the Select Page Layout pane, select the desired print layout. If the desired layout is not visible, click the left or right arrow button to locate the layout.
- If you want to edit the practice information that appears on printouts (such as the practice name, address, and phone number), click Practice Info, edit the text, and then click Update to save any changes or Cancel to discard the changes. You can also customize the practice information by clicking Practice Info from the Edit menu, entering the desired text in the Edit Practice Information dialog box, and then clicking Update.
- If you want to preview the page(s) before printing, click Preview. The Print Preview dialog box appears. You have options to zoom, view by a certain number of pages at one time, change pages, close, and print.
If you print from the Print Preview dialog box, you can ignore step 6.
- Click Print to send the page(s) directly to the Windows default printer.
Emailing a GURU playlist
- Create the playlist that you want to send to the patient in GURU.
- Once you have created this click on playlists then Upload/Email Playlist. At this point you must be on a machine that has access to the internet.
- Once you have done this you will get the following screen. In here you will be able to see the custom playlist you have just created on the left hand side. If you select the playlist you want to send on left hand side then on the right hand side you will need to enter your username and password that you have created on the howdoyouguru.com website.
- After this you need to add a description in and then the e-mail address of where you want to send the playlist too. Once you have done this click on submit.
- It will now send an e-mail to the patient and they will receive a screen like below where they will just have to click on a the button click here.
- When they click on this they will automatically get a screen open on the internet as below which will play the video/images you have put in your custom playlist.
|Note: The speed of GURU films cannot be adjusted.|