A DCP Provider is a Therapist, Hygienist, Dental Nurse or Clinical Technician NOT a Dentist.
It is now a requirement for NHS Wales (from 1st April 2022) and NHS England (from 1st October 2022) to add a Dental Care Professional to any course of treatment where they have performed treatment. To do this their GDC number must be added to their provider profile. Therapists, Hygienists, Dental Nurses and Clinical Technicians all fall into this category and as such should be provided with their GDC number by the NHS.
To add a Dental Care Professional (DCP) to the FP17 on a course of treatment the provider must first have their GDC Number added to EXACT.
- Adding a GDC number to a user
- Adding a GDC Number to a DCP profile
- Adding a DCP to a Course of Treatment
Adding a GDC number to a user
If your Dental Nurse or Clinical Technician has been added to EXACT as a user, they will need to have a provider account created. There are two options for this:
To keep the same user name/initials:
- Navigate to Configure - User Settings.
- Load the provider profile (type their username in the box at the top).
- Delete the user, using the bin icon.
- Once deleted, select +1 to create a new user, using the same username.
- For the option Is this user a provider? select Yes.
- For further steps, follow the help article, adding a provider, ensuring to add the GDC number as per the steps below.
Adding a GDC Number to a DCP profile
- Navigate to File-Providers.
- Load the required providers' profile.
- Locate the GDC Number field in the lower left.
- Enter their number and save via the icon next to their provider code.
If a Dental Care Professional has performed any or all treatment on a course of treatment they must be added to the course of treatment on the FP17.
|Note: If a DCP Provider is not listed, they will need to have their GDC number added to their profile.|
Adding a DCP to a Course of Treatment
- Once a COT has been completed, press TC.
- On the NHS FP17 window locate the DCP Providerfield at the top.
- Press the selection option box and select the DCP from the list.