A new patient file will be created, with a duplicated patient file created if any of the following information is different to the existing patient information,
- Sex of the patient
- First Name of the patient
- Last Name of the patient
- Date Of Birth of the patient
- Email Address of the patient
|Note: EXACT will automatically merge existing patients who were marked as new patients, rather than having the same record for two patients.
If a patient record created via online booking matches either of the following, it will be flagged as potentially duplicate:
- If the first name and last name are an exact match
- If sex and date of birth are an exact match and at least one of the following match:
|Note: Number 2 is only available from V13.226 and above.
If EXACT determines that a new patient record is a potential duplicate, it will be flagged on the Online Appointments tab. This is indicated with a triangle with an exclamation icon next to their name.
After clicking the Duplicates button (or the Exclamation icon) the Duplicate Patients windows appears.
Here you can check which details are mismatching and if the records are for the same patient, Click on the Merge button, to merge the records.
So the Destination Patient would remain and the Source Patient will disappear.
- Merge the two records.
- Associate the appointment to the existing patient record and retain it in the appointment tab.
- Erase the now redundant new record.
- Add a pop up NOTE to the destination Patient.
|Note on Manually Merging two Patients: When EXACT merges an online booking Patient with an existing Patient record, the new record is automatically deleted.
However, if a practitioner manually merges two patients by means of the Merge button in the Patients File, the source patient file is NOT deleted, so in this case the practitioner needs to manually mark the source patient file as ‘Inactive’.
The following details are merged
- First name
- Second name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Home address and post code
- Work address and post code
- Home, mobile, and work phone and work phone contact
- Alternative phone number and contact
- Fax number, pager number
- Email addresses
- Patient x-rays and video
- Patient notes and dated notes
- Perio WHO and BPE
- Transactions and associated invoice lines
- Waitlist entries
- Denplan OHS
- Medical History (integrated medical history only)
- Smile Surveys
- NHS Pilot Information
- 3rd party link records (but not the actual third party data, which isn't held by an EXACT database)
- Custom tabs