- Open a new Course of Treatment.
- Select the Orthodontic Treatment checkbox on the NHS exemptions window to create an NHS orthodontic course of treatment.
- An Ortho button will be available on the chart window.
- By clicking the Ortho button, you can choose the claim type you need (this can be done later by clicking the close button in the top right corner or changed at any time) and then enter the data required for the claim.
- Often you will be choosing an assessment of either EXAMINATION or PRIOR APPROVAL.
The patient is not eligible - Exam claim only
- Chart and tick the exam being claimed as complete then click the ortho button
- Select the exam claim type and enter the mandatory data including the treatment objective and press send.
- TC the COT and the claim will be paid as normal on the schedule.
If the NHS respond with errors in SOEConnect. The COT only needs to be resubmitted in EXACT if corrections to treatment are required. Otherwise, re-claiming can be done in SOEConnect alone.
The patient is eligible - proceed with PA
- Chart the treatment plan then click the Ortho button.
- Select the Prior Approval claim type then enter mandatory data and select Send
The data is spread over several tabs for easy data entry, and data is automatically saved when moving between tabs, or when the window is closed. Please ensure you do either of those steps when you have finished entering data to ensure it is saved correctly.
View the NHS orthodontics list from the NHS menu in EXACT.