|Note: It is highly recommended to take a Backup before proceeding with the below steps.|
|Please Note: You may need to be logged in as an administrator user to perform this.|
The below steps can be done from any computer (server/workstation).
- Changing provider type
- Provider type cannot be changed because they have appointments open
- Provider has co-ordinated duty appointments
Changing provider type
- Log into EXACT.
- Go to File - Providers - View Providers.
- Select the provider you need to change.
- Using the drop-down menu next to 'Provider Type' select the correct provider type.
- Click the save icon.
Provider type cannot be changed because they have appointments open
If you get a message saying the provider type cannot be changed because they have appointments open, you will need to close the appointment column for the provider, log out of EXACT and back in and follow the steps above.
- Once completed, you can add the appointment column back onto the appointment book.
Provider has co-ordinated duty appointments
If you get a message advising the provider has future co-ordinated duty appts, then follow the steps below.
|These steps can only be performed by the EXACT support team|
- Take note of some appointments assigned to the Therapist currently (to check at the end).
- Create a dummy hygienist e.g SOETEST.
- Run advanced search & Change on appts (Tools - Support Tools).
- Under Search for Appointments, set From DMY To DMY+1 with Dentist set as the Therapist we need to change.
- Under Change Appointment Details, tick Dentist and leave blank and tick Hygienist and set as the dummy provider then press OK. Once leaving the Appt book and then going back in, appts will have disappeared.
Example below uses Dentist JB - move appts to have no dentist assigned and set Hygienist to SOETEST .
- Remove the Therapist from Appt book and then close.
- Go to File - Providers and now change the Therapist to hygienist successfully.
- Via Tools - Other Tools, run Fix Invisible Appointments. This will change grid time to the hygienist and then allow the appointments to show under the dummy provider. Check patient examples from earlier appear.
- Run another advanced search and change to move the appts from the Dummy provider to the old Therapist (now a hygienist).