The EXAMINE Pro dongle is a physical license key designed to prevent piracy. EXAMINE Pro needs to check the dongle is present at practice before it will load the full version, otherwise it will load in demo mode.
Installing your EXAMINE Pro dongle
Please Note: It is preferred that the EXAMINE Pro dongle is inserted with all accompanying software installed on your practice server computer.
If you wish to install these elements onto any computer other than your server computer please consult the EXACT support team first.
- Ensure the dongle is plugged into the machine where it’s being installed. It’ll show up in Device Manager as Sentinel HL.
- Install the Sentinel Protection Installer 7.7.0 drivers onto the machine.
- Run the installer as an Administrator.
- Click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement then Next.
- When selecting the setup type, please ensure Complete is selected then click Next.
- Click Install.
- It is important that you select Yes on the Windows Firewall detected prompt.
- The installer will now run its course.
- Click Finish when prompted.
Thing to consider when installing as part of a server move
- Advise the practice to check that EXAMINE Pro opens up on all of the workstations and does not enter demo mode.
- If Demo Mode occurs on any of the PC’s check ilcore and iluser on that PC in C:\Program Files (x86)\SOE\ExPro\Settings → ilcore and iluser.
- Open the files with notepad and use CTRL+F and search for Netkey - look for NetkeyServerName= and remove anything after the '='. The entires should look like below on ilcore.
- Close and save the files
- Relaunch EXAMINE Pro.
- If this still isn’t working, please contact the EXACT support team.
|Tip: When the drivers are installed (and the dongle plugged in) you should see the Safenet device in device manager.