The video tab is only visible for practices with the EXAMINE module registered. This can be enabled by the support team for free.
Capturing a Video Image
- Click the Patients desktop from the Workspace Bar and select a patient.
- Click the Video tab to open the video window:
Import an image file into EXACT.
Detailed information about the selected image, e.g., filename, size.
Also allows you to modify the description.
Edit. Displays the highlighted image in the Video Window (you can also double-click an image in the list to view it in the video window).
Bin (Delete). Deletes the image currently highlighted in the list.
This is not necessarily the image that you are currently viewing.
Flip the image. Vertically mirror the selected image.
To set EXACT to automatically flip all captured still images:
If your imaging equipment produces an inverted image and all images must be flipped, you can tick the Flip (Mirror) Still Images option under Configure > Local Parameters on the computer(s) where the image capturing takes place.
Print the selected image.
Capture multiple images, i.e. video input.
Select the required source of the image, e.g. Web Cam, Digital Camera.
Capture a single video image.
To apply Left and Right Labels to images
On the computer(s) where the image capturing takes place, select Configure > Local Parameters and tick the Add Left-Right Labels to Still Images option.
- Click the Scan button to open your video camera software.
- Pose the patient in front of the camera and click the Snapshot button to capture the patient’s photo. See Updating a Patient Photo for an easier way to capture patient profile photos.
- The image will display in the viewing area on the right.
- Click the Transfer button to display the Save Video Image window
- Type a description for the image and click the OK button.
- Using the left mouse button, click and drag the mouse cursor over the patient’s head and shoulders.
When you release the mouse button a menu will appear with options to Copy to Clipboard or Save as Patient Photo
- Click Save as Patient Photo. The image will now appear in the patient’s Edit Appointment window and in the Patient Preview window when the patient arrives for their appointment:
Import and View Stored Images
- Click on ‘Patients’ on the Workspace Bar and select a patient using normal methods.
- Click on the ‘Video’ tab.
- Click on the Import button and browse for the image to be imported. When found, click ‘Open’
- Enter a description for the image and click ‘OK’. An entry for the imported image will show in the list at the top left.
- Select and double click on an image in the list. The image will display in the viewing area.
- The image can now be used as if had been captured, including as a patient photo.