When using Instant Messages it's easy to forget the information that was sent to you so it's useful to know how to bring up old messages/conversations.
Viewing historic Instant Messages
To view historic message firstly bring up the Instant Messenger window.
- Clicking File - Instant Messenge.
- Clicking on the history tab will show you the last 100 messages that you have sent or received within the last 30 days. All messages are deleted and can not be retrieved after 30 days.
- Double click on a message to see it in the conversation tab. From there you can review or continue the conversation.
- The settings for amount of historical messages shown and how often they’re deleted can be altered if required. Loading more than 100 messages may impact performance when loading the IM window and loading future inbound messages.
Changing the Instant Messaging history settings
- Log in as an EXACT admin user Under Configure - Settings.
- Search for the below setting/s and double click to change the value.
To change how many messages you can see (Default 100) change the setting (this can be changed per EXACT user:
instant messaging.message history.show count
To change how often messages are deleted by EXACT change the setting (Default 30):
practice.conversations.days to keep
- Change the value and click OK to save the changes.