This report assists you by summarising payments received for the practice on a given day or for a date range.
|Note: It is not necessary to create a ‘Cashing Up’ slip for any payment method deposited directly into the Bank Account; e.g. Direct Debits.|
Payments can only be part of one 'Cashing Up' bundle, once a cashing up report is run (using the Create New Payment Bundles button), previous payments can be viewed using the View Existing Payment Bundles button.
- Running the Cashing Up report
- Elements to note
- Reprinting a Cashing up Slip
- Viewing existing bundles
Running the Cashing Up report
- From the ‘Administration’ menu, click ‘Reports’ and select ‘Cashing Up.
- If you have more than one active bank account within EXACT you will see a third column where you can select the bank account/s you wish to run the report for.
- The From and To Dates can be changed in order to print the Cashing Up slip for a previous date or date range.
- One or more Providers must be selected from the list; to select/deselect providers, hold down the key then click with the mouse.
- Payment Methods/Adjustment Types are selected in the same manner as providers.
- Clicking ‘Create New Payment Bundle’ will open the following window.
- The Print Deposit Slip option splits payments by patient. The "Print Deposit Summary" option provides only totals for each payment type.
Example of a deposit slip:
Elements to note
- Sub-Totals will be given for each Payment Method as shown above.
- The total of the cheques and cash should be balanced with the monies in the till (minus any float operated). If there is a discrepancy it will need to be investigated further. It may mean that a receipt has not been processed through the computer, or that not all the cash and cheques have been gathered from the till.
- Adjustments that are made against payments included in the report will result in the adjustments also being included in the report, which will affect totals.
Reprinting a Cashing up Slip
- In the ‘Cashing Up’ window, click on the button. This will open the ‘View Payment Bundles’ window as shown below:
- Highlight the Payment Bundle to be reprinted re-print and click on the button located at the bottom of the screen.
Viewing existing bundles
Open the cashing up report, selecting View Existing Payment Bundles.
This will show a list of any created bundles, displaying the creation date, the date range of days within the bundles, the providers, payment methods and total value of the payment bundle.
|Please Note: The from and to dates were introduced into EXACT V13.795.|