SMS is great for getting information into the hands of your patients. As such creating SMS templates they want to read is essential, read on to find out how to create and edit your SMS templates.
Navigate to Configure - SMS Templates
Creating a new SMS template
- Click the +1 button.
- Enter a code in the box, this is usually some relevant to the template itself such as HYG OFFER.
- Add a description to help identify the SMS template easily eg. 'September Hygiene Offer'.
- Continue creating your new SMS template here.
Editing an existing SMS template
- Click the Select an Email Template button .
- Choose the desired template from the list and pres OK.
- Continue editing your SMS template here.
Composing an SMS template
The Truncate To field controls the maximum number of allowed characters and as such the number SMS credits to be used eg. 2 SMS = 2 SMS credits.
- Each SMS = 160 characters
- Any characters that exceed the number of SMS set will not be sent so ensure you have enough
- Merge fields are not counted in the total used character count
|Note: The total character count, and the number of SMS messages it represents, will appear below the message window.|
If you need to source information from the EXACT database when you use the template (Patient Name/appointment info etc) you can use merge fields. To add merge fields, click the View Merge Fields button at the bottom of the screen. This will display the Letter Merge Fields window:
To get the merge field into the document, use the clipboard as follows:
Highlight the merge field(s) that you require (you can hold down SHIFT for multiple selection)
Press CTRL-C on the keyboard, or click the Copy Field(s) to Clipboard button to copy the field(s) to the clipboard
Position the mouse cursor in the document or template at the point where you want the merge field(s) to be inserted.
Press CTRL-V or RightClick>Paste to insert the clipboard content.
You can also type the merge field out manually in the format of [patient.dentistname]
When you have finished creating/editing the template, click the save button to save it.