Please find the minimum requirements for a tablet (Android or iPad) to operate Clinipad SOEI application.
- Required Software Version
- Practice Requirements
- Requirements for EXACT
- App version no longer supported
Required Software Version
Please speak with your IT if you need assistance finding your current tablet operating system version or if you need help with purchasing compatible tablets.
We recommend using iPads with currently supported iOS as this will include all of the most up to date security features and provide more long term usage of the Clinipad SOEI App.
For the most up to date information regarding supported iOS versions, read the Apple security updates document.
Clinipad SOEI App requires a minimum iOS version of 9.3.5.
For the most up-to-date security features, we recommend using tablets with currently supported Android systems (currently Android 11 and newer) as this will include all of the most up-to-date security features and provide more long-term usage of the Clinipad SOEI App.
Older Android systems from 5.1 and newer will function with the Clinipad SOEI App.
Clinipad cannot be installed on Android systems older than 5.1 unless you have an existing app installed. DO NOT uninstall or delete the Clinipad app on Android versions pre 5.1.
Minimum Display Size: 10.1 inches
Minimum Resolution: 1200 x 1920 Pixels
- Internet connection to download the Clinipad SOEI App.
- At least one Clinipad device per area in which forms will be digitally signed, or a means of easily sharing the devices between areas.
- Wi-Fi set up in the dental practice. and each Clinipad device must be connected to the Wi-Fi. Routers have different interfaces so the instructions will vary, but the recommendations are:
- Use a WPA2 secured password.
- Hide your SSID.
- Allow connection from devices with known MAC address only (if practical).
- Each Clinipad device must be able to communicate back and forth with the server.
- It is recommended to have your server IP address set to static
|Tip: To check if your server IP address is static. Launch Command Prompt on your server computer by typing CMD into the Windows search bar. Type IPCONFIG /all then locate DHCP Enabled, if the result is Yes, your IP address is not static.|
Requirements for EXACT
The Clinipad module must be purchased and then registered in EXACT.
Find out more by speaking with our Best Practice Consultants.
- The Patient Medical History configuration must be set to "Fixed" as this is the only configuration recognised by Clinipad.
- A compatible Estimate template (where the signature box has been encoded using a special PRX command) - EXACT ships with default templates that can be customised.
- Appointment arrivals workflow needs to be enabled and configured.
- Users who will be Saving and Completing Oral Health Surveys after discussion with the patient must have the appropriate permission set in the Security settings.
|NOTE: By default, a responsible adult must sign on behalf of persons under 16 years of age. This default requirement can be overridden for minors who are deemed competent to sign themselves.|
App version no longer supported
On occasion, you may be prompted to upgrade the Clinipad app with a prompt similar to 'You are running a version that is no longer supported and requires an update'. If you are experiencing this issue please follow the steps below.
- Restart the Clinipad tablet.
- Open the Clinpad app to confirm if the issue persists.
If the issue continues follow the steps below:
- Ensure you have access to credentials to log into the app store as you are required to be logged into the app store to access any applications.
- Once logged into the app store, search for 'Clinipad SOEI'.
- Depending on the device you may be able to upgrade the application.
Uninstall the application then click Install to get the latest version.
- Once the app is up to date, open the Clinipad app via the icon on the tablet.
- If you are prompted with configuration credentials, please follow the configuration steps outlined in Clinipad installation and configuration.