You can configure EXACT to automatically calculate ACC surcharges for ACC item codes.
Configuring ACC surcharges
There are two important parts to setting up surcharges in EXACT
ACC payor rule
You will need to check the correct rule has been selected on your ACC Payor File. This step is important to ensure surcharges will be calculated correctly on all ACC Treatment Plans.
- Go to File - Payors.
- Select the ACC payor via the arrows or the selection button.
- Check the setting This payor sets the payor's portion and set this if not.
To illustrate how to add ACC surcharges to EXACT let's use the example of the DE01 - Dental Consultation.
From 1st May 2021 ACC will pay $54.68 including GST for a DE01. Let's say $80 including GST is your usual price for a consultation. EXACT can automatically calculate your patient surcharge as long as you enter the total fee you normally charge (in this case $80 ) into EXACT using the steps below. EXACT will do the rest of the calculation.
- Go to Configure - Services.
- The List Service Items window will open.
- Double-click to open the Edit Service Item window for each ACC item code you wish to add a surcharge.
- Open the Fees tab.
- Enter your private fee in Price 2 (default)
- Click OK to save
- Repeat for all services required.
|Note: Remember to add the total amount you wish to recover (not just the surcharge amount). Update your ACC item codes via Configure - Services and not via the ACC Payor file fee schedule.
Below is a screenshot of the ACCDE01 showing that EXACT will confirm the Patient Portion once it is charted on an ACC Treatment Plan. When the charge button is selected the total Payor Portion will be added to the amount owed by ACC and the total Patient Portion will be added to the amount owed by the patient at the same time.