The most common troubleshooting steps for Clinipad:
- Cannot Connect to Clinipad Link Service (tablet error)
- Cannot Connect to Clinipad Link Service (EXACT error)
- Release Locked Device (if a patient is stuck on a Clinipad or they cannot be returned)
- FP17PR Form Has Been Altered Warning Keeps Appearing
- EXACT crashes when sending forms
Cannot Connect to Clinipad Link Service (tablet error)
When Clinipad does connect to the link service when launching the app, try the following:
- Restart the Clinipad Soei App on the tablet by closing it down in the background or go to the settings on the tablet and “Force Stop” the App from running. Restart the tablet to rule this out too.
- Confirm the tablet is connected to the correct Wifi network and the Wifi connection is working (test browsing to a new website).
- Re-pair the device by removing and re-adding the device in EXACT, see: Adding and Pairing a Clinipad Device.
- With the correct EXACT server IP address confirmed, download an app called “Ping” and enter the EXACT servers IP address and test the connection. If you see “Request timed out” please speak to your IT to help assist get the tablet/s connecting to the server over your Wifi network.
Cannot Connect to Clinipad Link Service (EXACT error)
If EXACT cannot communicate with the Clinipad Link server you will see an error message:
"Could not communicate with the CliniPad Link Service.
Please ensure that it is correctly configured and running."
- Log into EXACT as an admin user.
- Go to Configure, Settings and search for Clinipad.
- Check that the setting clinipad.webservice.server.computername says the correct server name or IP address. If it does not, change it then log out and back into EXACT.
- On the server computer, make sure the computer is on a private, work or domain network (Not Public). If it is on a public network or 3rd party software controls the firewall settings try adding in TCP inbound rules for ports 8082 & 8765.
Clear DNS cache: Start > Command Prompt > ipconfig/flushdns
Check router DNS settings:
- Log in to your router (the procedure varies depending on router make/model).
- Check and then if necessary, correct your DNS settings on the router.
If none of the above work please note down what you have tried and contact SOE support so they can check the Clinipad Services and troubleshoot further.
Release Locked Device (if a patient is stuck on a Clinipad or they cannot be returned)
When a patient is locked on a Clinipad device an Administrator-level user can release the lock.
|Note: This process may mean losing some patient data entered onto the device.
- Open the Clinipad Configuration screen via Administration > Clinipad, In the Clinipad tab below the Appointment Book or Select the Clinipad icon in the workspace bar (if it has been added to the workspace bar), then select the Spanner (Setup) button in the bottom right corner.
- Locate the locked Clinipad. You should see a Release button on the Clinipad tablet box within EXACT. Click the Release button to close the connection between Clinipad and EXACT.
Click the Return button in the Clinipad tab or desktop
Ignore the error message: "Failed to release Clinipad device" (it has already been released).
FP17PR Form Has Been Altered Warning Keeps Appearing
If the below error keeps appearing please contact support so they can reinstall your Clinipad link service on your server machine.
EXACT crashes when sending forms
Clinipad uses the configuration of the assigned printer to create forms that are displayed on the Clinipad. A common error causing EXACT to 'crash' is when no printer is assigned to a Clinipad form or the printer is not connected/available.
Check the assigned printer by,
- Navigate to Configure - Printing Setup.
- Locate the Default Stationery Printer at the bottom of the window.
- Find this printer in the Printers section at the top of the window and click it to highlight the printer.
- Click e|d or right-click then edit.
- The Printer Driver should display the name of the name of the printer, confirm this is correct and alter if incorrect.
- If this is the correct printer, follow our Printer troubleshooting steps to confirm this is correctly working.
After following these steps, attempt to send a form to the Clinipad again