If you're using Custom Screens to grade your X-rays rather than using Examine Pro (recommended, see Xray Audit Report) this article will show you how to set up 3 Contact List queries to produce results based on each 'A, N' or 'A, B, C' or '1, 2, 3' grading that has been completed.
This is based on using a custom screen that has 'A, N' or 'A, B, C' or '1, 2, 3' options. If you are looking to set up a custom screen/link it to existing services so you can grade them when charting see Attaching Custom Screens to Services.
Creating a Patient List search
The main article Creating a Patient List search, explains this in detail.
- When creating your Patient List search, use an easily identifiable Name and Description for the search, such as 'XRAY AUDIT GRADE 1'.
- When adding your conditions, select Treatment Codes.
- In the configuration of this, enter the service/s the Xray grading custom screen is attached too.
In this example the service is called RADS (Small Radiograph/Xray).
- Enter your desired date range. To look back for the last 6 months enter: From Date: DM-6Y & To Date DMY which will always know to search from 6 months ago until today.
This means you can re-run this list in the future without needing to change the dates.
- Make sure “Completed Treatment” is selected then click OK.
- The next condition to be added to the search is Custom Screen Charting.
- In this configuration, search for the Custom Screen that is used to record the Xray Grade information.
In this example the Custom Screen is called RAD.
Once selected, choose which entry on the Custom Screen you want to search for.
For the first contact list we’ll select “1” (or A) for Grade 1.
Leave Test only the latest Custom Screen ticked if you only care about the most recently recorded grading for any patients that may have had multiple Xrays in the date range.
Then click OK.
- Save the Contact List query and then create two more following the same steps but this time for Grades 2 & 3 (or B & C).
Once you have created the 3 Patient List searches, select the Patient List you want to run from this screen then click OK then OK again.
Please Note, Contact lists using service codes are known to take a long time to run so we’d advise running these on a machine that is free for a while (the server will be fastest if you have access to this machine). It can also slow EXACT down for other users while it runs.
Once you have run the search, all patients matching the criteria will be listed for you. This list is saved for use now or at a later point if you need to view it again.
You will need to run the other searches to view all different grades.
- Once a list has been run, you can simply Refresh List to get an up-to-date list, Viewing and refreshing Patient Lists.