Apple iPads have functionality to be locked to a particular application. To set an iPad to only display the Clinipad app follow these steps.
Configuring an iPad to only display Clinpad app
These steps are applicable for any iPad with iOS 6 and above.
- On the tablet, navigate to Settings - General - Accessibility.
- Enable Guided Access, setting a passcode when prompted.
- Then navigate to Settings - General - Auto-Lock, change this setting, up to the maximum (15 minutes or never).
- Then navigate to Settings - General - Keyboard, disable Auto-Correction and Check Spelling.
- Close settings and open the Clinipad SOEI app on the iPad.
- Tap the home button three times in quick succession then tap start.
The Clinipad app is now locked on the screen for the iPad.
Remove the application lock
To remove this,
- Triple press the home button.
- Enter the passcode that was set up in step 2 of the configuration then tap end.
- You will now be able to close the Clinipad App as normal.