Treatment plan estimates are a way to show a patient the treatment you're advising they require. If you have Clinpads, you can use these to display it on your tablet and have your patient sign this to then be returned into EXACT.
If you do not have Clinpads, you can print or email these to patients.
- Generating a treatment plan estimate
- Emailing a treatment plan estimate
- Viewing historic treatment plan estimates
- PDF documents
Generating a treatment plan estimate
For Clinipad treatment estimates read: Clinipad treatment plan estimates.
- Click the estimate button at the bottom of the Chart tab to open the Create Estimate window.
Estimates can be created for either:
- All open treatment in the chart area.
- Individual treatment plans.
- All open treatment in the chart area.
- The Date defaults to the current date, this can be edited.
- The Provider defaults to the logged-in provider, this can be changed.
- Select whether the estimate is,
- For all courses of treatment
- The current course of treatment.
- or if you highlight some treatment lines, you can create the estimate solely for those.
- Once set, press OK, the Print Standard Estimate window will open.
Here you have the option to choose from Standard, Graphical or Pictorial Estimates and any regional specific options, such as NHS.
- Make the appropriate selections then click Print, Preview, Email or Clinipad (if Clinipad is available for use).
- If you selected Pictorial Estimate and ticked Include Images (not available with Standard Estimates) the Select Image window will open when you click the chosen button.
- Click the down arrow to view Video or x-ray Images, click on the required image once to highlight it then click the Select button to include in the Estimate.
- Repeat this step until all required images have been selected.
- Click the Done button when all the required images have been selected.
Edit Disclaimer allows you to add custom text to the estimates, this is then displayed underneath the Total line.
Note: The disclaimer text applies to all users & patients until it’s removed.
Example of a standard estimate.
Full details of fields:
- Complete Detail is recommended as this gives the patient as much information as possible.
Show Line Item Pricing
To print the fees for each service in the current Course of Treatment leave this checked.
To print only the total fee for the current Course of Treatment, un-check this.
Type of Estimate
A Standard Estimate prints the Treatment Plan similarly to how it appears in the Current Treatment Plan area.
An Old Style NHS Estimate prints out onto an old NHS Estimate form.
A New Style NHS Estimate prints out onto an NHS Estimate form.
A Graphical Estimate provides the option to include Permanent and/or Deciduous Tooth Graphics, Patient Education slides, and Video and/or X-ray images.
A Pictorial Estimate produces a picture of the mouth to show the location of proposed treatment, Patient Education slides, and video and/or x-ray images.
Ticking the ‘Include Images’ checkbox will allow the inclusion of pictures taken using the Intra-Oral Camera, Digital Camera or scanned X-rays.
NOTE: The Pictorial Estimate option requires the set up and installation of the appropriate software.
Emailing a treatment plan estimate
EXACT V13.7 introduced the ability to email estimates.
Treatment plan estimates can be attached to an email in a PDF document and sent via email in EXACT.
To send an email directly after creating an estimate,
- Follow the steps above, ensure you select Email on the Print Standard Estimate window.
- This will open the email client in EXACT, ready for you to create your email.
- Press Send when you are ready to email everything to your patient.
or to use this functionality from the patient file,
- Select the email option from the patient file.
- Create an email as per normal.
- Click the Attach button.
- Change the Image Type option to Estimate.
- Choose the estimate/s you wish to attach in the Available area, using the >> button to move them over to the Selected area.
- Click Finish when you have selected all estimates then continue sending your email as usual.
Viewing historic treatment plan estimates
Every estimate that is created, is stored on the patient file, as a PDF document. This provides you the ability to view previously created estimates or review and print/email if you need.
These are stored in the Estimates tab. View Chart activity tabs if you want to add this tab.
Double-click an estimate to show the treatment and COT’s that are included.
To email or print an estimate in the Estimates tab, use the relevant icon.
Estimates save as .PDF files and will open using the software program your computer has defaulted to open .PDF files. This is usually either Adobe Reader, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
They are saved in this format to ensure that the recipient cannot alter the estimate in any way.
Estimates show a Print, Email & Signed (Clinipad) icon for each action that has been completed.
A list of all patient estimates can be accessed,
- Navigate to Transactions - List Items - List Estimates.