Gmail are introducing changes in February 2024, the changes affect anyone sending email communications to Gmail accounts.
Information on the changes and what actions are required can be found in the Gmail Email Sender Guidelines.
We advise you to contact your email or IT support provider to assist with the required changes. Due to the access and configuration required, Software of Excellence are unable to assist with any changes.
- Configuring an Outlook email account
- Reset Mailbox Counter
- Emails cannot be sent error message
- Bypassing OAuth configuration
Configuring an Outlook email account
- Access Email configuration via Configure - Email and SMS Setup.
- Select Microsoft Office 365.
- The following window may be pre-populated with your credentials, enter them if not and press Authenticate.
Tip: If you would like a specific name to appear instead of your email in a recipients inbox enter your Practice Email Address in the following format "Name" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- You may be prompted to select your admin or primary alias account, if not shown please select Use another account to enter these credentials.
- A Microsoft Windows prompt will appear, you will need to confirm you wish for EXACT to have access to your email account.
- If prompted, please enter the password for the email account (this will be the one noted from the original window in EXACT.
Some accounts have 2-Factor Authentication enabled, depending on the account set up you may be prompted to send a code via SMS, confirm a number on your device or authorise the sign in using an authenticator app. Examples below.
- Select Next until the end of the wizard and click Finish to save all changes
- Once you have entered the password or code/confirmed in the authenticator app a green tick will appear in the email credentials window in EXACT.
A red cross indicates the connection has not been successful, if this is displayed please view the following resolutions.
Bypassing OAuth configuration
- Navigate to Configure - Email and SMS Setup.
- Select Other Email in the configuration wizard.
- Enter your email credentials, email address, username (this is usually your email address) and password.
- Select if you wish to receive email in EXACT.
- Enter the mail server credentials, pictured below.
- Press Test Credentials when everything is entered.
- Click Next and follow the wizard through the pages to complete the setup.
|Please Note: Your configuration settings will not be saved until you click Finish on the last window in the configuration wizard.
Reset Mailbox Counter
This counter is used on the occasion that an entire mailbox is required to be re-downloaded to EXACT. An example of this would be when moving from a POP3 account to IMAP. Essentially this will re-download all emails, otherwise the counter will only retrieve new emails from your mailbox into EXACT.
Emails cannot be sent
The following error occurs when a configuration error is present in an email configuration, this error is most commonly displayed when configuring a Microsoft Outlook for business account. If you are experiencing this issue when configuring your personal/non-business account please follow the steps below.