If you are unable to book a patients appointment when they are in reception, you can offer your patients to book online at a later point.
With Online Booking planned treatment links enabled, receptionists may be prompted in the Departure Task List to issue patients with an SMS or Email (inc an Online Booking hyperlink) so that the patient can book in their next appointment later on.
This is only possible if Providers perform their role in charting the planned treatment while the patient is in the chair then sending the planned appointment to the To Depart bar as part of the appointment workflow process. See: Setting Up Planned Treatment Appointments in Workflow.
- Sending a link from the departure bar
- Resending the patient a planned treatment online booking link
- Sending planned treatment online booking links from Care Manager
- Patients who have booked via their online link
Sending a link from the departure bar
- When the patient departs through reception the Receptionist attempts to book the planned treatment appointment manually in the appointment book.
If the patient cannot or will not commit to a booking, the Receptionist opts to send the planned treatment booking URL...
- If the patient has no Email and/or SMS contacts recorded, the Receptionist will first need to record them.
Note: EXACT will pop up a warning if the receptionist clicks the online bookings button without having these contacts recorded.
In this case the Receptionist can either open the Patient File to record the details, or click the Collect Email and Mobile prompt in the Departure Task List.
- With contacts recorded, the Receptionist clicks the online bookings button to open the Send Online Booking Link by SMS/Email window:
The Receptionist checks (ticks) any combination of these checkboxes and then clicks Send. The following processes then occur:
- The SMS/Email with the booking URL is sent to the patient.
- The online bookings prompt disappears from the Departure Task List:
The patient details display in the Follow-Up tab under the category OLB Link Sent:
The booking URL is populated with details of the planned treatment booking requirement, ready for patient booking:
Resending the patient a planned treatment online booking link
Once the online booking link has been sent from the Appointment Workflow departure task list, it is also made available from the Follow Up tab, for re-sending the link to the patient as a reminder.
To resend the patient Online Booking Link after initial sending from the Appointment Workflow
Select the patient in the Follow Up tab and select the Send Online Booking Link by SMS/Email button.
Select the SMS or Email option and click Send.
You can view the contact via the patient file Contacts tab.
Sending planned treatment online booking links from Care Manager
Alternatively, you could send the link via Care Manager, for help with this please view Using Care Manager.
Patients who have booked via their online link
Patients are removed from the Follow Up tab once they book they’re planned appointment.
Appointments that were booked using the Online Booking platform show an Online Booking icon.
These appointments also show in the Online Appointments Tab
Note that you can filter the Online Appointments tab by means of Planned Treatment Bookings:
Online Bookings can be reported on via the Feature Usage Report