EXACT defaults to a 2D odontogram, however 3D charting is available.
This area (Odontogram) displays a graphical representation of the teeth in the patient’s upper and lower jaws, including Base Charting, Historical Charting and Planned Treatment. The Tooth Chart can be displayed in two dimensional or via 3d charting. This guide looks at 2-dimensional tooth charting.
The tooth chart has 32 teeth (8 per quarter) and 20 Deciduous teeth. Each is split sectors of the tooth.
- Planned treatment
- Completed treatment
- Permanent / Deciduous switch
- Base / Current chart switch
- Hovering over teeth
- Resizing the tooth chart
Planned treatment is blue by default, this colour can be customised by double-clicking the heading bar on a Course of Treatment.
Completed treatment is defined by each service.
You can change the colour by setting this in the service.
- Configure - Services or select the service via the Services menu on the Chart tab.
- Open the service by editing it (e|d) then click Set Colour to choose a new colour.
- Click OK to save.
Permanent / Deciduous switch
The 2D Tooth Chart can be viewed in three modes. Click on the ‘Permanent/Deciduous switch’ at the left centre of the Tooth Chart to change the view to either Permanent, Mixed or Deciduous. The default selection for new patients can be changed in Configure, Practice Settings. EXACT ‘remembers’ the dentition that was last displayed, and will appear this way when you next open the patient’s record.
Permanent, Mixed & Deciduous Dentitions are displayed with the different numbers of teeth identifiers.
- Permanent have two rows, 16 teeth across each row with a break in the middle.
- Mixed has four rows, top and bottom rows displaying the deciduous teeth in rows of ten.
- Deciduous has two rows, 10 teeth across each row with a break in the middle.
Base / Current chart switch
The switch to the right of the Tooth Chart filters to one of 3 options.
Base charting only, All charting or current charting (shown on open courses of treatment).
To change the position of the switch, click on it with the mouse; it will then cycle between the various positions.
Hovering over teeth
The Quick Chart Menu appears whe you hover the cursor over the chart.
Resizing the tooth chart
The Tooth Chart can be resized to enable the size of the teeth to be increased. The contents of the ‘Chart’ tab will then be resized to reflect the changes made.
To resize the Tooth Chart:
- Hover the mouse pointer in the grey area either below or to the side of the chart (UL).
A resize symbol will display, click on this symbol, and keeping the left mouse button pressed down, drag until you achieve the desired result.
- The Tooth Chart will continue to be displayed this way until changed again. However, the selection is individual to the computer, so the chart can be displayed differently in each treatment room if required.
- To return the Tooth Chart to its default setting, hover the mouse arrow again until the symbol appears, and drag using an upward motion.