By using the Search and Change function in EXACT, you can transfer a selection of patients and/or appointments to another provider.
Important: Before proceeding, it is important that you ensure that all other users are logged out of EXACT.
EXACT 13.837 and above Search and Changes are reversible but if you are on a version lower than this then you must have a full backup of the EXACT data completed before proceeding.
If you are at all uncertain about using this utility, please contact the Support Team.
Changing patients and/or appointments for a provider who has left
- Go to Administration - Search and Change.
- Read the information on screen then click Next >.
- Select Change patients and/or appointments for a provider who has left, then click Next >.
- You will now be presented with options to select for the transfer.
- Old Provider, this is the original provider
- Move appts from and including, this is the date for the transfer to start from
- New Provider, this is the new provider for the patients
- Transfer patients to new provider, tick this box if you wish to move patients to the new provider
- Transfer appointments to new provider (after leaving date), tick this box if you wish to transfer any appointments from the entered date to the new provider
- The Next > will be greyed out until all required fields are completed.
- Select a Rollback File, this is where your backup will be saved to (only available from EXACT 13.837.
Click Next > to proceed. You will be given some final instructions before you opt to abort the process, make changes, or finish the search and change.
Please take note and read the instructions on the screen carefully.
Note that if the change involves many patients, and your system is busy, the 'Search and Change' process may take quite some time to complete.
Up until the Finish button is clicked, you may still abort the process and use the < Prev button to make changes to your selection criteria.