When a provider is on leave or taking time off from work, you can use the Search and Change function to move a range of appointments to a different provider.
This is designed to be used when a provider needs to temporarily cover another providers appointments eg Holiday, time away or maternity cover.
If a provider is no longer working at the practice, please see Transfer Patients and/or Appointments to a New Provider (Search and Change)
Important: Before proceeding, it is important that you ensure that all other users are logged out of EXACT.
EXACT 13.837 and above Search and Changes are reversible but if you are on a version lower than this then you must have a full backup of the EXACT data completed before proceeding.
If you are at all uncertain about using this utility, please contact the Support Team.
Transferring booked appointment to another provider during leave
- Go to Administration - Search and Change.
- Read the information on screen then click Next >.
- Select Transfer booked appointments for a provider having time off, then click Next >.
- You will now be presented with options to select for the transfer.
- Original Appointment Provider, this is the provider who will be away from the practice
- New Appointment Provider, this is the provider to be covering the appointments
- From Date, start date of leave/when appointments need to be covered
- To Date, end date of leave/when the appointments need to be covered
- The Next > button will be greyed out until all fields have been filled out correctly.
- Select a Rollback File, this is where your backup will be saved to (only available from EXACT 13.837.
Click Next > to proceed. You will be given some final instructions before you opt to abort the process, make changes, or finish the search and change.
Please take note and read the instructions on the screen carefully.
Note that if the change involves many patients, and your system is busy, the 'Search and Change' process may take quite some time to complete.
Up until the Finish button is clicked, you may still abort the process and use the < Prev button to make changes to your selection criteria.