For every computer you want to use EXACT on, you will need an EXACT license. Accessing computers remotely also count as an additional licence.
You can see what licenses you have, delicense computers, view the date a license was last used on a workstation and previously delicensed workstations in Licence Manager.
- Requesting additional licenses
- Accessing License Manager
- Licensing a new computer (and removing from an old computer)
- Delicensing an unused computer
- Relicensing a previously delicensed computer
Requesting additional licenses
To request/purchase additional licenses, please click the link below.
Find out more by speaking with our Best Practice Consultants.
Accessing License Manager
License Manager contains information about the licenses available to you, including:
- Total licenses purchased
- Number of licenses used
- A list of all your licensed computers, their name and the date EXACT was last accessed on that computer
- Option to submit a request for additional licenses
- Delicense option
To access License Manager, go to Configure - Licence Manager.
Licensing a new computer (and removing from an old computer)
EXACT 13.933 introduced the ability to add a new license and the option to delicense old computers upon log in when launching EXACT on an unlicensed computer.
- After installing EXACT for the first time, launch EXACT.
- You will be prompted to log in, as per usual. You will then be prompted by the Unlicensed Computer prompt.
- You have the option remove a license from an old computer using Transer a license from a computer that is no longer used dropdown menu or Purchase an additional license.
- When select the first option, use the dropdown menu to view all available computers alongside the last used date. When an option is selected, press Continue.
Please Note: The selected computer will no longer be able to access EXACT after this point.
Delicensing an unused machine
If you have a computer on your list of licensed computers that you are no longer using highlight the computer and click on delicense.
Relicensing a previously delicensed computer
EXACT 13.933 introduced a self-service option to license and de-license your workstations. EXACT versions prior to this require assistance from the EXACT support team.
- Launch EXACT.
- Enter your login details.
- You will be prompted by the Unlicensed Computer pop-up.
- Select the workstation that is no longer required from the Transfer a license from a computer that is no longer used drop-down menu
- Upon clicking Continue you will remove the license from the chosen workstation, assigning it to the current workstation for use
- or click Purchase an additional license to do this
|Tip: The list contains the date the workstations were last used, so you can choose the oldest workstation, if you're unsure of the assigned name.