The Search and Change feature enables you to select all patients who have not attended appointments at the practice for a specified period of time.
Note: This process will only change the patients status (to Inactive), add an asterisk to their name and add an Inactive reason code. It does not delete or otherwise change records in your EXACT database.
Important: Before proceeding, it is important that you ensure that all other users are logged out of EXACT.
EXACT 13.837 and above Search and Changes are reversible but if you are on a version lower than this then you must have a full backup of the EXACT data completed before proceeding.
If you are at all uncertain about using this utility, please contact the Support Team.
Changing patients to inactive status (in bulk)
- Go to Administration - Search and Change.
- Read the information on screen then click Next >.
- Select Change patients to inactive status, then click Next >.
- You will now be presented with options to select for the change.
- Last Appointment, enter your date in DD/MM/YY format
- Inactive Reason, select a reason from the selection button. You can create a new reason on the Inactive Reasons window, using the +1 button.
- Next > button will be greyed out until all fields have been filled out correctly.
- Select a Rollback File, this is where your backup will be saved to (only available from EXACT 13.837.
Click Next > to proceed. You will be given some final instructions before you opt to abort the process, make changes, or finish the search and change.
Please take note and read the instructions on the screen carefully.
Note that if the change involves many patients, and your system is busy, the 'Search and Change' process may take quite some time to complete.
Up until the Finish button is clicked, you may still abort the process and use the < Prev button to make changes to your selection criteria.