All or part of a patient’s balance can be written off from the Patient Transactions screen, the patients' account can be set to 'Stop Credit Alert' to provide a warning to prevent any further transactions on the patients' account.
Writing off a patients' account
- Open the patient transactions screen using the £/$/€ button.
- Click the Write Off button to open the Write Off window:
The Date defaults to Today. Select a different Provider if necessary.
The amount to be written off defaults to the patient’s total balance and automatically ticks every item with an open amount, but you can choose to just write off part of an account by editing the figure in the Amount box and ticking the items you wish to write off or partially write off.
When processing a write off, the Mark Patient Stop Credit Alert check box is automatically enabled. This activates a flashing alert beside the Tool Bar and is also seen on the Edit Appointment window when you make an appointment for the patient. However, if this is not required, remove the tick in the Mark Patient Stop Credit Alert check box before processing the write off.
- Either leave the Narration as the default or change it to a better description of why the transaction is being Written Off (this will display in the Patient Transaction Window).
Click OK to process the Write Off and decrease the patient’s balance.
To see a list of Written off amounts see: List Write Offs
Removing the Stop Credit Alert
To remove the stop credit alert from a patients account.
- Open the patients' file, navigating to the transactions windows via the £/$/€ button.
- A tick will be present in the Stop Credit Alert option, untick this option to remove the stop credit alert (skull and crossbones).