If your practice offers finance options, this can be processed in EXACT.
This guide will help you configure this.
- Creating a finance payment type
- Processing a finance payment when received from your finance company
- Processing a finance payment without treatment completed
Creating a finance payment type
- Go to Configure - Patient Payments.
- Create a finance payment type, for example 'Finance'. For assistance with this view Configuring Patient Payments.
- Under the heading Auto Discounts, select the option Percentage discount.
Processing a finance payment when received from your finance company
To assist in the understanding of this, the following steps will be based on this example:
- Chart all the required treatment normally with the full value of the treatment and invoice this as normal.
- Select Payment on the patient's transactions screen.
- Enter 450.00 as the Payment Amount and select the Finance Payment Method.
- Enter 50.00 in the Discount Amount box, entering a reason in the Discount Reason area (you may wish to record a reference code for the finance agreement).
- Click Process.
- The patient's balance will show a £0.00 with a £500 invoice, £450 paid and how the £50 was accounted for.
Processing a finance payment without treatment completed
You may wish to enter the finance payment before the treatment is completed and therefore an invoice may not be present. This will mean an error will appear if trying to add a discount as there is no invoice to discount. In this instance,
- Add the finance payment in full WITHOUT a discount added.
- Then add an adjustment and create a new adjustment type called FINANCE, set this as per the below image.
- You can then set the adjustment amount as what the discount would have been to apply this.
Note: This will only work if the INV_DISCNT adjustment type is set for a positive entry to DECREASE the amount
Please sign in to leave a comment.