Historically NHS fees increase in April every year, this coincides with NHS contracts being rolled over.
In EXACT NHS fee updates are now downloaded automatically into EXACT from V13.499.
A visual display of the last fee update date can be viewed within EXACT, to view this,
- Navigate to File - Payors.
- Select NHS.
- Next to the Fee Schedule button the date will be displayed.
If your fees have NOT updated automatically
If for any reason your fees have not automatically updated or your version of EXACT is below V13.499, please follow the steps outlined below.
|Note: The English, Welsh and Isle of Man fee imports only need to be done once (unless advised by Software of Excellence), this can be completed from any machine.|
- Go to File, Payors and select the active NHS payor (sufficient security permission required).
- Select Bands Setup then click the Download Fees button at the bottom of the window.
- Select Yes.
- Once the download has finished the fees will be updated for all machines!
We also strongly advise you to upgrade your version of EXACT to receive the latest regulatory updates.
Current fees per band
(as of 25/11/2022)
|Ortho 18 or over||£282.80|
For guidance on NHS Wales dental charges and exemptions please view https://gov.wales/nhs-dental-charges-and-exemptions.
Updating your fees
- Log into EXACT with an administrator or superuser password. The Principle Dentist or Practice Manager should have access to this.
- Click on File from the menu bar, then Payors.
Click the List button , select NHS and click OK. If you are PDS you will still need to change the fees under NHS.
- Click on Band Setup to the right of this screen.
- Click on the New Date button (top right of screen).
- Enter the required date then click OK.
- Highlight Band 1 and click on the e|d button located bottom right. Enter the patient fee for band 1 treatment. Click OK.
- Repeat this for the required bands used by your country.
England requires Band 1, Band 2(a), Band 2(b), Band 2(c) Band 3, EXAM, Ortho assessment, Ortho 18 and over and Urgent to be changed.
- When all these have been edited click on OK.
- Your Patient charges have now been updated.