EXACT has the ability to display identifiers to services, using rules, to highlight free services. For example if a patient is on a dental care plan where they receive 2 free exams per year, EXACT can display an identifier to notify you when a patient has reached their allowance.
Configuring payor rules
In this example we will configure a service to allow 2 of a service in a set period of time before displaying a red X to identify the limit has been reached.
- Log into EXACT as a super user or above.
Click on File then Payors.
Select the Payor you want to add the rule to.
Click the Fee Schedule button.
If this button is inactive make sure you have nothing selected in the "Use fees of" box.
Locate the service code and double click it to open it. For example EX30.
Click the Add Rule button.
Select Test Service by Time then click OK.
This will add the rule, however, you will now need to configure it to meet your own requirements. you will see a box like the one below. Fill out the details to match your requirements, these are explained below.
Double click the rule that you just added.
- Add the number of times that the service is allowed within the time period.
- Click OK.
- Click the X symbol in the first section before else to change it to red.
- Click OK to close Edit Payor Fee Schedule window.
- It should look something like the below image.