If a Transmission Error message is being displayed when transmitting, this will need to be resolved before any claims can be sent to the NHS.
Resolving NHS Transmission Errors
- Go to File - Payors.
- Select your NHS Payor.
- Click on the Transmit Setup button
- Click Next until the Transmission Setup - Internet Information window is displayed
- Confirm all the details are correct
- Open a web browser (for example, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge)
- Enter the following website address https://ebusiness.dpb.nhs.uk/claims.asp
- Northern Ireland Customers, go to https://www.ebusiness.csa.n-i.nhs.uk
- Please ensure this website begins with HTTPS (not HTTP) when testing
- If you can successfully connect to the website, you should be prompted to enter your username and password, you do not need to enter these - this is positive if you can access this website
- If the website cannot be accessed it may be that either the NHS system is having issues or the computer or your network cannot connect to the NHS - please contact your IT provider for them to allow access to the website
On your server computer, go to the location of the EXACT data.
- On the data folder right-click with your mouse then select Security
- Ensure the windows users group has full control (read/write permissions) - if not, please contact your IT provider to change this access
Ensure the firewall is not blocking the transmissions.
- Temporarily disbale the firewall then test your connection, if this works, add dental.exe to the exceptions or request your IT support do this for you
- Check whether you can ping ebusiness.dpb.nhs.uk from a Command Prompt
Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft or Software of Excellence.
If you are using a Windows 7 operating system, you cannot transmit NHS communications from this computer. This is due to Windows 7 utilising TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 which the NHS no longer receives.
Please see the EXACT System Requirements if your operating system is causing you transmission issues.