Business owners/contract holders will have a login for compass which gives access to all contracts held by that owner.
- When they first login go to the provider home page.
- Click on activity on the left hand side (Highlighted).
- Click on Web EDI account update on the left hand side.
- You will see a split screen with both upper and lower sections.
In the upper section you will see contract details (1). Click in the upper section to highlight the details and the word create (2) will appear, between the two sections on the RHS as you look at the screen, you can then get a new site No here.
- Once you have the site No you can then go on and register for EDI.
Click on the details in the lower section (3) and input the practice location No, (this is the last No’s on your NHS practice stamp.
- This will then bring up all of the details of the contract. Add the site No (if not already populated). You will see a TAB marked contact. You must enter details of the practice contact in here before it will give you a username and password. Once all details have been entered click, save and the new username and password will be generated.
These can be accessed anytime from this screen. Be aware that usernames are still 17 No’s but password can now be up to 13 characters long.
As the passwords are a mixture of letters, symbols and numbers, you may be asked by your trainer to log into your compass account so as they can copy and paste these details into EXACT.
|(Internal) Please be aware: an email with these details will be sent to the business owner. (Be aware that characters can be a little hard to distinguish, especially capital I’s and lower case L’s). If this happens and the transmissions fail get the site to re-register they will then be given a new user name and password.
Both providers and performers have access to Compass but only the provider or business owner is able to register for EDI.
However if PIN No’s are required each individual will need to access their own compass system to get these. They again are requested and delivered through the activity tab.
Please Note: If a contract is not visible in Compass, EDI details cannot be generated.
If a practice do not have a Compass login, the practice should contact their NHS area team.