For practices with locations enabled, the appointment search feature operates with an added menu, this article covers this.
- Without Rooms configured
- Configuring Room availability for multi-location appointments
- Appointment search for a single Provider across multiple Locations
- Multi-location search with Rooms configured
- Searching across Locations for appointments with one Provider (with Rooms configured)
Without Rooms configured
This works similarly to the normal Appointment Search but with Locations enabled (see Managing Locations). In EXACT you will see additional fields for selecting a location for the appointment.
In this case, the Locations (LOC in this example) are shown against Providers, this is based on the Preferred Location recorded in the Provider file.
If a provider works at more than one location or you find the currently selected location is incorrect then there is an option to override Providers Preferred Location in the bottom right corner of the window if needed.
Configuring Room availability for multi-location appointments
The Room must be configured with a Location.
- Configure - Appointment Book to open Appointment Book Setup
- Select the required Room from the available list then e|d to edit the Room.
- From this window you can configure the Location.
Appointment search for a single Provider across multiple Locations
Practices with multiple Locations often have individual Providers conducting treatment in Rooms across those Locations.
Patients tend to book appointments with their personal Provider, so Receptionists from one location need to be able to offer patients alternative appointments for the same Provider in another location.
For example, a patient wants to book an appointment with her preferred Dentist at Location 1 for Saturday morning, but that Dentist only practices at Location 2 on Saturday mornings.
The multi-location Provider Appointment Search gives patients a full choice of appointment slots for their personal Provider, wherever that Provider may be working across the entire practice.
Multi-location capability maximises appointment bookings for the practice, which contributes revenue.
Multi-location search with Rooms configured
In this case, the Locations are shown against Rooms, not against the Providers.
If you select the following options:
Provider: Any Dentist and Room: Any Room, you will then have multi-Location/Room options in the manual dropdown menu against the Book button:
Searching across Locations for appointments with one Provider (with Rooms configured)
Run an Appointment Search as normal, but proceed as follows,
- Select the Provider (in this example, Dentist RGP).
- Select Any Room (because you want to locate appointment options for RGP across any Rooms, regardless of Location).
- So long as RGP has been configured as practising in Rooms across the Locations, you can then select a Room/Location for RGP, and view the appointment slot options from which to choose.