Quick Plans is a tool aimed to save you time charting the same treatment again and again. Enabling you to chart multiple appointments/treatment items with only two clicks.
Scroll down to read all about Quick Plans or use the list below to jump to a section.
- Quick Plan Tab
- Creating Quick Plans
- Quick Plans and Quick Charting
- Editing Quick Plans
- Deleting Quick Plans
- Provider and Type
- Missing Quick Plans
- Copying Quick Plans to another Practice
Quick Plan Tab
You can add/move the Quick Plan tab on the Charting screen via the Spanner on the Service List to a location you would like, to edit tabs see Chart Activity Tabs.
Creating Quick Plans
Create a Treatment Plan for a patient, charting all treatment and appointments required for the Quick Plan.
The example below shows an examination with a separate appointment for a scale and polish.
- On the Quick Plans tab click the +1, this will open the Quick Plan Wizard window.
- Enter a unique name for your plan.
- You can then select a graphic to help identify plans at a glance.
- The Quick Plan can either create a new course of treatment or add to an existing course.
- Create a new Course of Treatment if you would like the Quick Plan to be added to an existing Treatment Plan, the payor box is greyed out as no payor is required since the existing plan will already contain the payor.
- Select Add to an existing Course of Treatment if you would like the Quick Plan to open a new course of treatment, you can then select the desired payor.
Note: Leaving this field blank will cause all treatment plans created with this Quick Plan to be Private plans.
- Leave the Provider and Type fields blank if you want the plan to be available to all users or skip down to Provider and Types for more information on how to use these fields.
- Click OK to save the Quick Plan to the list in the Quick Plans Tab.
- Double click a Quick Plan to chart the plan.
Quick Plans and Quick Charting
It is possible to add Quick Plans to Quick Charting via Quick Chart configuration.
Editing Quick Plans
It is possible to edit the name, graphic, Quick Plan charting method (create new or add to COT), Payor, Provider and Type of a Quick Plan via the e|d button on the Quick Plans tab.
To edit the treatments and/or appointments in a Quick Plan complete the following steps:
- Chart the Quick Plan you wish to edit by double-clicking it in the Quick Plan tab.
- You can now edit the treatment by adding/deleting or editing as required on the Chart/COT tab, when everything is charted as you would like you can save the Quick Plan.
- To save the Quick Plan with the original Quick Plan name, you must first delete the original Quick Plan in the Quick Plan tab.
Tip: No two plans can have the same name, so rename the existing plan via the e|d option before deleting the original plan.
- Press +1 to save the Quick Plan as displayed on the COT.
Deleting Quick Plans
Highlight the Quick Plan in the tab and press the bin icon in the lower right of the Quick Plans Tab.
|Note: You cannot retrieve any deleted plans, you would need to chart and save the plan again.
Provider and Type
The Provider and Type fields are helpful to display a selected list of Quick Plans.
For example, if a provider wishes to see only plans they have created. Set up this with the following steps:
- When creating or editing a Quick Plan, enter the providers' initials in the Provider field.
- To view only the desired providers' Quick Plans, enter their initials into the Provider field on the Quick Plan tab.
|Tip: Click in the field box to reveal selection buttons, press the arrows to scroll or select icon to show a list of Providers.
When creating or editing a Quick Plan, enter your chosen type in the Type field.The Type field can be used to differentiate between categories of treatment or something of your choice. To assign a type to a Quick Plan follow these steps:
- When creating or editing a Quick Plan, enter a type in the Type field.
- To view only the desired Quick Plans by type, enter the type into the Type field on the Quick Plan tab.
|Tip: Click in the field box to reveal selection buttons, press the arrows to scroll or select icon to show a list of Types.
Quick Plans take their pricing structure from the default prices assigned to each service and those of the payor. If you find services are not showing prices as expected check the default price of the service or the rules assigned up for the payor.
Missing Quick Plans
If only some or no Quick Plans are displayed in the Quick Plans tab, remove all text from both the Provider and Type box, this will display/reveal all Quick Plans.
Update: V13.638 includes an update with a Show All Quick Plans button making it faster to reveal all notes.
Copying Quick Plans to another Practice
This is not currently possible due to the unique services, clinical/invoice notes, custom screens etc that can be included within quick plans.
It is possible to moving services and services categories then recreate quickplans manually, for help to do this please ask our support team for assistance.