Moving appointments can be done via drag and drop or by using the Clipboard.
Moving an appointment to another time on the same day
- Click the appointment and drag it to the new selected time.
- A message will appear asking you to confirm that you wish to move the appointment:
If the patient has a preferred provider listed in their details, and you drag the appointment to another provider's column, this message will appear:
This is to alert you to the fact you are attempting to make an appointment with a provider other than their usual one.
- Click Yes to make the new appointment, or No to cancel the move.
Moving an appointment to another day
- Moving an appointment from the appointment book
- Moving an appointment from add patient or edit patient windows
You will need to use the clipboard to change the appointment day.
Moving an appointment from the appointment book
- Move the appointment into the clipboard
- This can be done by:
- Dragging an appointment to the clipboard (moves the appointment to the clipboard)
- Right-clicking the appointment then Cut to Clipboard (moves the appointment to the clipboard)
- Right-click the appointment then Copy to Clipboard and Edit (copies the appointment to the clipboard)
Moving an appointment from add patient or edit patient windows
- Select the Copy to Clipboard and Edit option.
- Make any edits, if required, then click Copy to Clipboard.
- The Clipboard will now show an item clipped to it, with the appointment length and the patient name displayed to the right:
- Find a new suitable date and time for the patient then drag the appointment from the Clipboard to the required date and time in the appointment book area, using the same method described above.
When there is an item on the Clipboard, you can double-click on the Clipboard to open the Edit Appointment window.
An appointment made using this method will be saved back to the Clipboard, ready to be dragged to the required date and time.
Please Note: It is important to remember that appointments held on the clipboard will not be saved when the Appointment book is closed. A warning will appear on screen should you attempt to close the Appointment book while appointments are on the clipboard.