(Since May 2021)
PLEASE NOTE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THIS PORTAL
- This online portal (the “Portal”) provides a means of collecting important information requested by your dental care provider, which includes both dental practices and referral centres where applicable (“Dental Care Provider”), from you and passes that information to your Dental Care Provider. The Portal also interacts with the software used by your Dental Care Provider and extracts certain limited information from your dental records to assist you with the completion of subsequent forms on the Portal. The Portal is a platform supplied to your Dental Care Provider who has contracted with Software of Excellence UK Ltd (“Portal Provider”) to provide the Portal as a processor on behalf of your Dental Care Provider. Your Dental Care Provider remains the data controller. These terms tell you the conditions for the use of the Portal.
- Adding Your Information to the Portal. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to enter your information into the Portal, you must comply with the standards set out below. Any patient information provided must to your knowledge:
- Be current, true, accurate (where it states facts), supportable and complete.-Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- You acknowledge that any information you supply does comply with the above, and that you will be responsible for any information supplied.
- You must keep your access credentials safe. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures (such as a link in an email), you must treat such information as confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you, or a designated confidant, has accessed the portal you must promptly notify your Dental Care Provider immediately.
- Dental Care Provider websites. Where the Portal contains links to other websites and resources provided by your Dental Care Provider, your Dental Care Provider is solely responsible for any websites associated with the Portal.
- Use of your personal information.
- update your Dental Care Provider’s dental records with information that you provide; and extract content from your dental record to assist you with the completion of subsequent forms on the Portal.-The only actions undertaken by Portal Provider with your data is for the purpose of transferring information between you and your Dental Care Provider. -Information is processed on servers based in the European Economic Area (EEA).Please contact your Dental Care Provider for details of how they handle and protect your data once transferred to them.
- How long do we retain your information?
- Information is retained on the Portal for no longer than necessary to allow you to complete your forms, complete patient check-in and review any post-appointment information. Completed forms are held by your Dental Care Provider with your dental records.
- Once any link sent to you to facilitate the actions above has expired, (normally no more than 30 days- but subject to Dental Care Provider use of the system) any information retained on the Portal will be deleted.
- Prohibited uses of the Portal. You may use the Portal only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Portal:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.-In any way that is fraudulent.-To the harm or with the attempt to harm another person in any way.-To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.-To infringe any other person’s intellectual property rights.-To breach any legal duty owed to a third-party, such as a contractual duty or aduty of confidence.You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Portal or any hardware or software in relation to it.-You must not misuse the Portal by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.-You will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Portal, the server on which the Portal is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Portal. -You will not attack the Portal via a denial of service attack or a distributed denial of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- How to relay questions or comments regarding the Portal? If you have any questions or comments regarding your use of the Portal, please contact your Dental Care Provider.
- I agree with these terms.