EXAMINEPRO has been designed to try and provide a minimal interaction approach to developing x-ray images.
When an intraoral sensor is used in conjunction with EXAMINEPRO, the software will automatically try to orientate an image the correct way depending on the tooth notation selected prior to exposure.
Whilst EXAMINEPRO has been developed in a way to orientate the majority of images correctly, due to differing dental techniques, it may be necessary for a user to manually change the default settings to ensure the images come into the software correctly orientated.
This document has now been created to assist users in changing the default settings.
Below are the instructions on how to change the default orientation settings using the tooth chart within the X-ray Acquisition Module:
Please Note The Below Instructions Begin After An Image Has Been Developed And Has Come Into The Software With An Incorrect Orientation
1. Select the X-ray Acquisition Icon
2. Using the Tooth Chart (Figure 1), select the tooth notation by selecting a tooth, set of teeth or one of the bitewing markers.
3. After selecting a tooth notation, the central buttons will become active and available for selection
4. Select any actions you wish to occur on a newly developed image
o The 4 sensor icons will each rotate an image to a set amount, 0°, 90°, 180° or 270°
o The two mirror buttons will either mirror an image horizontally or vertically
5. A green circle on an icon shows the action is activated for the next image to be developed
6. To turn off any settings, simply deselect the icon to remove the green circle
Figure 1 - Tooth Chart