Once you have Online Booking installed, configuration is completed within EXACT, this article covers adding providers and reasons/services.
When entering the Online Booking configuration in EXACT via Configure - Online Appointments you will be presented with the default settings window.
Each tab, New Patient, Existing Patient, Recalls and Planned contain the providers and their booking defaults, these are not the booking options display on your website.
These defaults are used when configuring your online booking reasons via the Web Setup button.
By clicking on Web Setup, you will see all the booking reasons available online.
Adding Online Booking providers
The above shows how to add a provider into the New Patient/Existing Patient types of Online Bookings.
- Go to Configure - Online Appointments.
- Select +1 then complete all of the fields as required.
These are for patients booking through the link on your website. As can you can see you need to set:
- The default NHS and/or Private appointment length as well as the service code.
- What clinic settings you want it to default to, the three options being:
- ‘Specific Clinic’ - meaning you can set a clinic that should be in the provider’s diary for the online bookings to go in.
- ‘All unbooked non-clinic time’ - which would allow the Online Bookings to go in any open time that isn’t zoned out with a clinic.
- ‘All unbooked time’ - This one allows the Online Bookings to go in any open time regardless if there are clinic zones there or not.
- Lastly the confirmation templates you’d like to be sent automatically which sends when a patient books online.
There will more than likely be ones already created for email and SMS called ‘OBAPPCON’.
Use the bin icon to remove providers, please note that at least one provider must be added to Online Booking for Patient Portal to work.
Configuring Online Booking reasons/services
|Please Note: The first screen contains the defaults used for creating booking reasons.|
The web setup booking reasons/services are used for new/existing patients.
Planned and Recall online bookings are based on the planned treatment or regular recall service that the patient would have.
In the above example, a service is added using the +1 button (use the ED button to edit) for ‘Oral Hygiene Visit’.
What you need to set for Online Booking reasons are:
- The private price you’d like to display.
You don’t need to set an NHS price here as the Online Booking page will always display the latest NHS fees under the NHS tab.
- The deposit to be taken for the service. This is only for private appointments.
If you don’t see the ‘Deposits’ section but want it, see Online Booking Payments/Deposits.
- The providers you’d like available for it under ‘Configure Providers’.
EXACT will then ask you if you want to add every provider, all dentists or all hygienists to it.
However, you can add, edit and remove providers instead of one by one if you prefer by clicking ‘no’ to this option.
- For each provider, you can then amend the appointment lengths & service code, clinic settings and
confirmation templates if this needs to be adjusted for this Online Booking reason.