If two patients have the same email address saved on their profiles EXACT will stop you from sending confidential information to the wrong patient. When this issue occurs the following warning will appear.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below,
- Confirm with the patient that the email address you have for them is correct.
- Change the saved email address if it is incorrect then continue to send the email or if the email is incorrect continue to step 3.
- Copy or note the email address down, then click the magnifying glass alongside the patients name.
- Paste or enter the email address in the Filter box at the bottom of the window.
- A list of patients with this email address saved to their profile will be displayed.
If no results appear, tick the box Include Inactive then check again.
- If the email address is saved to the wrong patient, select the patient by double-clicking their information to open the file and remove the email address from the email field.
|Note: It will be worth contacting this patient to confirm their email address to ensure you can communicate with them and send them appointment reminders.|
If there are no search results, the next step would be to check there are no providers or specialists with the email address saved to their file. You can check these through File - Providers or File - Specialists.