An Oral Health Survey is a simple, non-invasive way to initiate conversations with patients about potential cosmetic work while they are in the dental practice.
Patients independently complete either a printed form or an electronic form displayed in Clinipad without feeling pressured or judged by practitioners. In this form they indicate their oral issues of concern.
Their Dentist can then talk through these concerns, outline the kinds of treatment that could resolve their issues, and potentially create a treatment plan within the same appointment.
These Oral Health Survey conversations often expose underlying untapped demand for cosmetic dentistry, which can be very profitable for the practice and rewarding for patients who are left feeling great about their oral health and the proactive professional service that they have received.
- Oral Health Survey configuration
- Reviewing the Oral Health Survey with a Patient
- Viewing completed Oral Health Surveys
- Adding the Oral Health tab
Oral Health Survey configuration
Main configuration of the survey can be found in our help article Appointment Arrival Options - Oral Health Survey.
The Oral Health Survey checkbox is checked (ticked) as due if,
- The patient has never completed this survey before
- It has been more than the configured interval since the last survey.
You can then send the survey to the Clinipad via the Arrive and Send to Clinipad button if you have a Clinipad device functional and available .
- If the Oral Health Survey checkbox is de-selected (not required) you can still manually select it.
- If no tablets are available, print a form for patient manual completion by clicking the Oral Health Survey hyperlink. The patient takes this form to the Clinic, where the Clinician creates a digital Oral Health Survey and transcribes the information while consulting with the patient
Monitor patient/s Oral Health Survey status by means of the Clinipad tab:
Locate the patient name in the Clinipad tab and click the expander [+].
You'll see icons of the forms that apply to the patient, including one for the Oral Health Survey. Against each form is a status. For example:
Oral Health Survey status changes to Needs Consult, which is a cue for the Clinician.
Reviewing the Oral Health Survey with a Patient
- Open the Oral Health tab in the Chart screen.
- Locate and double-click the patient's Oral Health Survey in the Oral Health Survey tab.
- Review and discuss the selected information and the comments.
- Add your own Provider Notes.
- Use the Save button as a means of saving without completing.
- Select the Complete button to finalise the Oral Health Survey.
Completed surveys become un-editable, read-only medical records, so only select the Complete button when you are sure that there are no more changes to be made.
The record in the Oral Health Survey tab shows as Complete.
Viewing completed Oral Health Surveys
From the patients chart tab, you can access the Oral Health tab, from here you can manually issue, via the +1 button, or review Oral Health Surveys.
To view a complete Oral Health Survey,
- Double-click the Oral Health Survey record in the Oral Health tab.
The Oral Health Survey will display with information on who completed it and when.
- From here you have the ability to Reopen a survey to make alterations, alternatively if new concerns have arisen or returned, you may wish to complete a new survey to ensure no new concerns have arisen for the patient.
Adding the Oral Health tab
- Open a patient record.
- Select the Chart tab.
- On the Services tab, click the spanner.
- Chosen the option to 'Select which tabs you use in the activity areas.'.
- Move the Oral Health option to the desired location, then save when in place.