There can be several reasons why email and/or SMS are not sending, some of the problems can be solved relatively quickly. Some of the most common are listed below.
|Tip: Before resolving any communications issues please check the outbox in EXACT to make sure there are no out of date communications that will send to patients. This can confuse patients and unnecessary cost to your practice.|
The icon in the upper right of EXACT will display a cross if there are any errors with your email and/or SMS. If a red cross is displayed, click the icon to open an error window.
- Email Server test 'Internet Connection' failed
- One Workstation is showing the email server service is not running
- SMS Icon Status (key)
- Unable to open Email attachments within EXACT
- Unable to send email because of Patient Confidentiality
Email Server test 'Internet Connection' failed
This error is caused by the practice server showing a non-internet status. To check the internet connection on your server computer;
- Log into Windows on this computer.
- Check the internet status icon in the Windows taskbar.
If the icon is a circle as shown on the taskbar this shows the server has no internet.
- Click the icon and select Network and Internet Settings.
- Select Network troubleshooter to see if this resolves the issue.
If the issue remains after the troubleshooter finishes testing the network, contact your IT Support provider and advise of the Server internet status.
One Workstation is showing the email server service is not running
- Check the date and time of the affected workstation is correct and adjust as necessary.
- If the workstation time and date is correct, repeat this step on your server.
|Note: Your IT Support provider may need to assist due to admin rights restricting access on your workstation/server.|
SMS Icon Status (key)
Unable to open Email attachments within EXACT
- Go to Configure - Email and SMS Setup.
- Click Next on the wizard until you get to a page entitled Open email attachments directly.
- Make sure there is tick next to Open email attachments directly.
- Click Next until Finish appears, then click Finish.
Unable to send email because of Patient Confidentiality
If you are unable to send an email to an email address you need to due to Patient Confidentiality, you will need to add the recipient as a specialist.
- File - Specialist.
- Select +1.
- Enter the specialists information.
- Ensure you tick the box Specialist.
- You will now be able to send the email to the specialist.
- When sending the email, tick the box Email the selected Specialist, they will be displayed in the specialist email address bar in the draft email.